Sunday 6 April 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ari Meyers in San Juan and Andy Harmon.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Joys Of Yiddish by Leo Rosten was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1969 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Ari Meyers in San Juan: Puerto Rico; actress (Emma McArdle - Kate and Allie).
- Andy Harmon: NFL defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Bret Boone in El Cajon: California, USA; infielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- Bison Dele: American basketball player with the Detroit Pistons.
- Louis Spence: English dance expert, choreographer and television personality.
- Louie Spence: English dancer/choreographer and TV personality
- Paul Rudd: American actor
- Todd Chrisley: Reality Star
- Bret Boone: American baseball player and manager
- Jack Canfora: American actor singer and playwright
- Philipp Peter: Austrian race car driver
- Spencer Wells: American geneticist and anthropologist
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Classics IV - Traces
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?