Wednesday 6 May 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Setta and Edyta Sliwinska.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Never-Say-Diet Book by Richard Simmons was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Into the Labyrinth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eastern Front (1941) or Mario.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1981 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Nicholas Setta: American Canadian football player (Hamilton Tiger-Cats).
- Edyta Sliwinska: Polish dancer.
- Matt Drake: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Evile).
- Nick Setta: American-Canadian football player.
- Edyta Śliwińska: Polish dancer.
- Inacent Black opens at Biltmore Theater NYC for 14 performances
- Mariners manager Maury Wills is fired and replaced by Rene Lachemann
- US expels Libyan diplomats.
- A jury of architects and sculptors unanimously selects Maya Ying Lin's design for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial from 1,421 other entries.
- A jury of architects and sculptors unanimously selects Maya Lin's design for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial from 1,421 other entries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?