Sunday 10 May 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Dalembert and Humberto Suazo.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Creation by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shillingbury Tales.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Munchkin (Europe) K.C. Munchkin! (US) or Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 May 1981 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Samuel Dalembert: Haitian-Canadian basketball player.
- Humberto Suazo: Chilean footballer.
- Nicky Whelan: Australian model and actress.
- Amy Alcott wins LPGA Lady Michelob Golf Tournament.
- Francois Mitterrand wins the presidential election and becomes the first Socialist President of France in the French Fifth Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?