Saturday 23 May 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Death of John D Rockefeller and Pierre Lapointe.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunting of Julia, directed by Richard Loncraine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Maria Callas by Arianna Stassinopoulos was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shillingbury Tales.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Video Hustler or Sneakers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 May 1981 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Death of John D Rockefeller
- Pierre Lapointe: Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player.
- Gwenno Pipette
- Tim Robinson: American actor and screenwriter.
- Gwenno Saunders: Welsh singer and dancer (The Pipettes).
- Barcelona fascists take 200 people hostage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands
- John Lennon - Watching The Wheels
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?