Friday 7 August 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patti Liscio and Jeffrey Mallett.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spire by William Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1964 ?
- Patti Liscio: Santa Maria, California -- Golfer (1994 Chicago Challenge-49th).
- Jeffrey Mallett: Canadian COO, E-business entrepreneur and President of YAHOO, is responsible for the rise and success of the web-manager business.
- Peter Niven: British jump jockey in National Hunt racing.
- John Birmingham: English-Australian journalist and author.
- 31st NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Chicago 28, All-Stars 17 (65,000)
- Turkey begins air attack on Greek-Cypriots
- Vietnam War: the U.S. Congress passes the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution giving US President Lyndon B. Johnson broad war powers to deal with North Vietnamese attacks on American forces.
- Prometheus, a bristlecone pine and the world's oldest tree, is cut down.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?