Thursday 27 August 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Bernardo and Robert Bogue.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1964 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Paul Bernardo: Canadian homicide; a story of degradation, sadism and terror.
- Robert Bogue: American actor and producer.
- Stephan Elliott: Australian actor director and screenwriter.
- Buena Vista premieres Disney's live-action and animated film Mary Poppins at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, USA. The film is based on the Mary Poppins books by P.L. Travers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?