Wednesday 19 August 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 August
- Communication satellite Syncom 3 launched
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?