Monday 7 January 1991, Orthodox Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eden Hazard and Caster Semenya.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Justify My Love by Madonna.
In UK Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me by George Michael & Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Not Without My Daughter, directed by Brian Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Fourth K by Mario Puzo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching T-Bag and the Rings of Olympus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Soldier or Brandish.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1991!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1991 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Eden Hazard: Belgian international footballer who plays for English club Chelsea in the Premier League and the Belgium national team.
- Caster Semenya: South African runner.
- Clément Grenier
- CJ Salvador: Choreographer.
- Max Morrow: Canadian actor and producer.
- Joe Hicks: Baseball coach, dies of cancer at 64.
- Nia Peeples Party Machine premieres on TV
- Roger Lafontant, former leader of the Tonton Macoutes in Haiti under Francois Duvalier, attempts a coup d'etat, which ends in his arrest.
- In Haiti, an attempted coup by an associate of former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier is thwarted by Loyalist troops.
- United States Secretary of State James Baker meets with the Foreign Minister of Iraq Tariq Aziz, but fails to produce a plan for Iraq to withdraw its troops from Kuwait.
- In Sebokeng, South Africa, gunmen fire on mourners attending the funeral of a leader of the African National Congress, killing 13 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Justify My Love
- Stevie B - Because I Love You (The Postman Song)
- Damn Yankees - High Enough
- Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
- Bette Midler - From A Distance
- DNA - Tom's Diner
- Surface - The First Time
- Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity
- Wilson Phillips - Impulsive
- C & C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
- George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Enigma - Sadness Part 1
- Diana Ross - When You Tell Me That You Love Me
- John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - The Grease Megamix
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are The Days Of Our Lives
- The KLF featuring Tammy Wynette - Justified And Ancient
- Seal - Crazy
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?