Sunday 7 January 1990, Orthodox Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liam Aiken and Anabela Belikova.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice was in the top 5 hits.
Internal Affairs, directed by Mike Figgis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Daddy by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Long-legs.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Command or Cosmo Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1990 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Liam Aiken: American actor.
- Anabela Belikova
- Camille Rowe-Pourcheresse
- Camryn Grimes: American actress.
- Gregor Schlierenzauer: Austrian ski jumper.
- Steve Kardynal: Comedian.
- Michael Sam: Football Player.
- Elene Gedevanishvili: Georgian figure skater.
- Gail Lucas: Entertainer.
- Joseph Robbie: lawyer/NFL owner (Miami Dolphins), dies at age 73.
- Bronislau "Bronko" Nagurski: football hall of famer, dies at age 81.
- Horace Stoneham: baseball owner (San Francisco Giants), dies at age 86.
- Bronko Nagurski: Canadian-American football player wrestler and coach (d. 1990).
- Tower Of Pisa closed to the public after leaning too far
- Lynn Jennings runs world record 5km indoor at 15:22.64.
- The interior of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public because of safety concerns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Jody Watley - Everything
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Jason Donovan - When You Come Back To Me
- Cliff Richard - Saviour's Day
- Kylie Minogue - Tears On My Pillow
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- EMF - Unbelievable
- 49ers - Touch Me
- Band Aid II - Do They Know It's Christmas?
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 January 1990
- Los Angeles Rams - New York Giants : 19 - 13
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Denver Broncos : 23 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?