Friday April 08, 2005
US date format: 4/8/2005, UK date format: 8/4/2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 8, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Famous people born on this day include Leah Behn .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Candy Shop by 50 Cent.
In UK (Is This The Way To) Amarillo by Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay was in the top 5 hits.
Factotum, directed by Bent Hamer, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2005
while Star Wars Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover was one of the best selling book.
On TV people were watching Loveless.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DECO Online or College Hoops 2K6.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 08, 2005?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Over four million people attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II.
- Tens of thousands of demonstrators, many of them supporters of Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr, march through Baghdad denouncing the U.S. occupation of Iraq, 2 years after the fall of Saddam Hussein, and rally in the square where his statue was toppled in 2003.
- Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles The Prince of Wales marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a civil ceremony at Windsor's Guildhall. Camilla acquires her title ''The Duchess of Cornwall''.
- The funeral of Pope John Paul II takes place. (BBC)
- See more
Norwegian royalty, the second-born of...
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 08, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Sport Games on April 08, 2005
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- St Truiden - Genk : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Ein Trier : 2 - 1
- Dresden - Munich 1860 : 0 - 4
- Saarbrucken - Essen : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Le Mans : 0 - 2
- Chateauroux - Brest : 1 - 2
- Dijon - Le Havre : 0 - 0
- Guingamp - Clermont : 3 - 1
- Lorient - Reims : 3 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Stockport : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $60.75
- Apple AAPL: opens at $43.70
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.07
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.70
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $88.28
- 1 USD = 108.16 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2282 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1983 CHF
- 1 EUR = 139.93 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6854 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 08, 2005?
On April 08, 2005 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is April 08, 2005?
On April 08, 2005 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 08, 2005?
On April 08, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 08, 2005?
On April 08, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Which famous people are born on April 08, 2005?
On April 08, 2005 several famous people were born including, Leah Behn.
Which famous people died on April 08, 2005?
Famous people died on April 08, 2005 include, Onna White, Eddie Miksis.
What was the number one song in April 08, 2005?
The number one song in the week of April 08, 2005 was Candy Shop by 50 Cent in US and (Is This The Way To) Amarillo by Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay in UK.
What were the top hits on April 08, 2005?
The top hits on April 08, 2005 were Candy Shop by 50 Cent, Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson, Hate It Or Love It by The Game in US and (Is This The Way To) Amarillo by Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay, Let Me Love You by Mario, Switch by Will Smith in UK.