Saturday 23 April 2005
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Candy Shop by 50 Cent.
In UK (Is This The Way To) Amarillo by Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay was in the top 5 hits.
xXx: State of the Union, directed by Lee Tamahori, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while With No One As Witness by Elizabeth George was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Infinite Challenge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CABAL Online or Cold Winter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 2005!
Which were the important events of 23 April 2005 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 April
- Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen: Austrailian politician (Born 1911).
- Sir John Mills: English actor (Born 1908).
- Al Grassby: Australian journalist and politician, born of Spanish-Irish parents in Brisbane and educated at a dozen schools around the world and the U. of South West England.
- Romano Scarpa: Italian author and illustrator (d. 2005).
- Earl Wilson: American baseball player and coach (d. 2005).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 April 2005
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Parma : 3 - 0
- Siena - Udinese : 2 - 3
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Westerlo : 3 - 2
- Beveren - Lokeren : 0 - 2
- Club Brugge - Germinal : 6 - 0
- Gent - Genk : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Bochum : 3 - 1
- Bielefeld - Freiburg : 3 - 1
- Dortmund - Kaiserslautern : 4 - 2
- Hamburg - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Osasuna - Ath Madrid : 1 - 0
- Real Madrid - Villarreal : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?