Wednesday 9 March 1994
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include JeromeASF and Kathryn Ann.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Sign by Ace Of Base.
In UK Without You by Mariah Carey was in the top 5 hits.
The Hudsucker Proxy, directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while The Cat Who Came To Breakfast by Lilian Jackson Braun was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cruis'n USA or Bassin's Black Bass with Hank Parker.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1994!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1994 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
Famous Birthdays:09 March
- Lawrence E Spivak: Journalist (Meet the Press), dies at 93.
- Louis Freeman: band leader, dies at age 100.
- Maurice "Moe" Purtill: jazz drummer, dies at age 77.
- Maurice Purtill: American Big Band drummer (Born 1916).
- Eddie Creatchman: Canadian wrestler manager (Born 1928).
- Charles Bukowski: German-American writer who traveled throughout the U.S. A lifetime of poems, novels and screenplays reflected his boozy, gritty, carnal view of the universe, including his screenplay for the critically praised 1987 film "Barfly," which starred Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway as a pair of dissolute drunks. Bukowski became a celebrity with influential friends in 1987 with the release of the film, which was based on his life by the time he was 25. As a lush, he spent much of his life drinking cheap
- Fernando Rey: Spanish film, theatre, and TV actor, who worked in both Europe and the United States. A suave, international actor best known for his roles in the films of surrealist director Luis Buñuel (Tristana, 1970; Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, 1972; That Obscure Object of Desire, 1977) and as a drug lord in The French Connection (1971), he appeared in more than 150 films over half a century. He died 9 March 1994, Madrid.
- John Harrison: English carpenter and clock-maker invented the Marine chronometer (d. 1776)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 March 1994
- Denver Nuggets - Miami Heat : 80 - 102
- Indiana Pacers - Milwaukee Bucks : 105 - 94
- New Jersey Nets - Detroit Pistons : 97 - 114
- New York Knicks - Atlanta Hawks : 90 - 83
- Roda JC - Groningen : 2 - 0
- Waalwijk - MVV Maastricht : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?