Sunday 10 May 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Stolz in Brisbane and Bob Carter.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1970 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Andre Stolz in Brisbane: Queensland; Australasia golfer.
- Bob Carter: American voice actor.
- Perry Blake: Irish singer/songwriter.
- Sally Phillips: British actress and comedienne.
- Gabriela Montero: Venezuelan-American pianist.
- Gina Philips: American actress and producer
- Dallas Roberts: American actor
- David Weir: Scottish footballer and manager
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- Stanley Cup: Boston Bruins sweep Saint Louis Blues in four games.
- The Boston Bruins win their first Stanley Cup since 1941 when Bobby Orr scores a goal 40 seconds into overtime for a 4-3 victory which completed a four-game sweep of the St. Louis Blues.
- Henry Marrow is murdered in a violent hate crime in Oxford, North Carolina.
- Lubbock Tornado: An ''F5'' tornado hits downtown Lubbock, Texas, the first to hit a downtown district of a major city since Topeka, Kansas in 1966 28 are killed.
- Ulrike Meinhof helps Andreas Baader escape.
- In the second day of violent demonstrations at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi, state law enforcement officers fire into the demonstrators, killing 2 and injuring 12.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?