Sunday 3 May 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Crowley in Concord and Alexia Dechaume-Ballert in La Rochelle.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to ABC by The Jackson 5.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Mary Queen Of Scots by Antonia Fraser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1970 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ted Crowley in Concord: Massachusetts, USA; American hockey defenseman (Olympics-1994).
- Alexia Dechaume-Ballert in La Rochelle: France; tennis star (1992 Australia).
- Blaise Hersant-Lechatreux: French politician who represented the 'Parti Blanc' (White Party) in the 2002 French presidential election.
- Marie-Soleil Tougas: Canadian actress, noted for her TV performances and accrued many prizes for her serial roles.
- Bobby Cannavale: Movie Actor.
- Jeffrey Sebelia: American fashion designer
- Candelario Huizar: Mexican musician, horn player, composer and pedagogue.
- 24th NBA Championship: New York Knicks beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 3.
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Shreveport Kiwanis Golf Invitational.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?