Saturday 16 May 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Lynch and Alain Escada.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1970 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Eric Lynch: NFL running back (Detroit Lions).
- Alain Escada: Belgian political activist, right-wing national catholic.
- Jorginho Buchabki: Brazilian youth of 18, suspected of the murder of his parents on 12/24/1988, Christmas eve.
- Alexander Nastasi: German author of motivational books and novels and a life coach.
- Gabriela Sabatini: Argentina -- Tennis player (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Franck Schott: French swimmer, specialized in backstroke, he competed for France at 3 consecutive Olympics and won a bronze medal at the 1991 Athens Europe championships.
- Danielle Spencer: Australian singer-songwriter and actress
- Grover Henson Feels Forgotten by Bill Cosby hits #70
- 96th Preakness: Eddie Belmonte aboard Personality wins in 1:56.2.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 May 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?