Thursday April 11, 1996
US date format: 4/11/1996, UK date format: 11/4/1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 11, 1996). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dele Alli .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, directed by Jim Mallon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Mcnally'S Puzzle by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Recovery.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Escape Velocity or Disney's Pinocchio.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 11, 1996?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- See more
- Detroit Red Wings become second NHL team to win 60 games in a season.
- King and I premieres at Neil Simon Theater in New York City for 781 performances.
- The Israeli government launches Operation Grapes of Wrath, consisting of massive attacks on Lebanon, in retaliation for prior terrorist attacks, and sparking off a violent series of retaliations.
- Qana Massacre: Over 100 Lebanese civilians are killed after Israel shells the UN compound in Qana.
- See more
- Dele Alli: Soccer Player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 11, 1996?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- Coolio - 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New)
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- LL Cool J - Doin' It
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- R. Kelly Featuring Ronald Isley - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Joe - All The Things (Your Man Won't Do) (From "Don't Be A Menace...")
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- D'Angelo - Lady
- Chantay Savage - I Will Survive
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah!! Got You All In Check/Everything Remains Raw
- LL Cool J - Doin It
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room (From "Waiting To Exhale")
- Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Count On Me (From "Waiting To Exhale")
- H-Town - A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (From "A Thin Line...")
Sport Games on April 11, 1996
- Chicago Bulls - New Jersey Nets : 113 - 100
- Cleveland Cavaliers - New York Knicks : 101 - 97
- Dallas Mavericks - Portland Trail Blazers : 99 - 114
- Denver Nuggets - Houston Rockets : 109 - 113
- Golden State Warriors - Los Angeles Clippers : 111 - 101
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Iraklis - OFI : 5 - 1
- Graafschap - PSV Eindhoven : 1 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 11If April 11, 1996 is your birthday you're 24 years, 5 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 10 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1996?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 11, 1996?
On April 11, 1996 several famous people were born including, Dele Alli.
Which famous people died on April 11, 1996?
Famous people died on April 11, 1996 include, Jessica Dubroff, Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet, Daniel Wolf.
What was the number one song in April 11, 1996?
The number one song in the week of April 11, 1996 was Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion in US and Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison in UK.
What were the top hits on April 11, 1996?
The top hits on April 11, 1996 were Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion, Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey, Nobody Knows by Tony Rich Project in US and Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison, Firestarter by The Prodigy, Ooh Aah... Just A Little Bit by Gina G in UK.