Wednesday 11 December 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rey Mysterio and Julien Robert (biathlete).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
The Front Page, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Münchner Geschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 1974 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Rey Mysterio: Mexican professional wrestler.
- Julien Robert (biathlete)
- Damien Echols
- Ben Shephard: English TV personality.
- Maarten Lafeber: Dutch golfer.
- Gete Wami: Ethiopian runner.
- Kevin Devine: Cornerback / kick returner (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Lisa Ortiz: TV animation and video game voice actress.
- Reed Hadley: Actor (Racket Squad, Public Defender), dies at 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?