Monday November 11, 1974, Veteran's DayUS date format: 11/11/1974, UK date format: 11/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonardo DiCaprio and Jon B.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Freebie and the Bean, directed by Richard Rush, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1974 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio: American actor, lead in a film that was the most outstanding commercial and popular success of all times, "Titanic.
- Jon B: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Patrick Brazeau
- Chris Lilley: Comedian.
- Wajahatullah Wasti: Pakistani cricketer.
- Phillip Ward: Linebacker (Indianapolis Colts).
- Leonardo DiCaprio in Louisiana: USA; actor (Luke - Growing Pains).
- Static Major: American singer-songwriter and producer (Playa) (d. 2008).
Sport Games on 11 November 1974
- Minnesota Vikings - St. Louis Cardinals : 28 - 24
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Feel A Song (in My Heart)
- Kool & The Gang - Higher Plane
- Blue Magic - Three Ring Circus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?