Monday 30 December 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johanna Sallstrom and G-Enka .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by Elton John.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Woman He Loved by Ralph G. Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Dog of Flanders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1974 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Johanna Sallstrom: Swedish actress (d. 2007).
- G-Enka : Estonian rapper and producer (Toe Tag).
- Alexandro Nascimento: Brazilian footballer (d. 2012).
- S Jithesh: Indian cartoonist poet and critic.
- Johanna Sällström: Swedish actress (d. 2007).
- Beatles are legally disbanded (4 years after suit was brought)
- Japanese soldier Teruo Nakamura surrenders on the Indonesian island of Morota, 34 years after beginning service in World War II
- Rubik's Cube puzzle invented by Hungarian architecture professor Ernő Rubik.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Ringo Starr - Only You
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1974?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?