Friday July 11, 2014
US date format: 7/11/2014, UK date format: 11/7/2014
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 2014). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Fancy by Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX.
Guardians of the Galaxy, directed by James Gunn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2014
while David And Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Girl Meets World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments or Destiny of Spirits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 2014?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine: Ukrainian forces in recently reclaimed city of Sloviansk discover documents that show pro-Russian insurgent leader Igor Strelkov handed down at least four death sentences under a Stalin-era law of 1941. (Kyiv Post)Twenty-three Ukrainian Army soldiers die as rebels fire a BM-21 Grad missile at an armoured brigade near the Russian border. (Reuters)
- Ukrainian forces in recently reclaimed city of Sloviansk discover documents that show pro-Russian insurgent leader Igor Strelkov handed down at least four death sentences under a Stalin-era law of 1941. (Kyiv Post)
- Twenty-three Ukrainian Army soldiers die as rebels fire a BM-21 Grad missile at an armoured brigade near the Russian border. (Reuters)
- Iraqi insurgency (post-U.S. withdrawal): Kurdish MPs withdraw from the central government following a dispute with the Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki with Kurdish forces taking over control of two northern oil fields at Bai Hassan and Kirkuk. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 2014?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX - Fancy
- Jason Derulo Featuring Snoop Dogg - Wiggle
- John Legend - All Of Me
- Pharrell Williams - Happy
- Jason Derulo Featuring 2 Chainz - Talk Dirty
- Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & French Montana Or Too $hort Or Tyga - Loyal
- Trey Songz - Na Na
- Lil Wayne Featuring Drake - Believe Me
- Tinashe Featuring ScHoolboy Q - 2 On
- Nicki Minaj - Pills N Potions
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 2014 is your birthday you're 6 years, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Amazon Asks Permission From F.A.A. to Test Drone Delivery System Amazon is getting serious about delivery by drones, and asked the F.A.A. for special permission to test them outdoors. [..]
- Big Tobacco Getting Bigger: A Brief History of Deal Making Since facing a wave of litigation in the 1980s and ’90s over the health consequences of smoking, tobacco companies have sought to reposition themselves through mergers and acquisitions. [..]
- See all financial news of July 11, 2014
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $102.40
- Apple AAPL: opens at $95.36
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $41.70
- General Electric GE: opens at $26.19
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $187.73
- 1 USD = 101.24 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0732 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.892 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.2033 CNY
- 1 EUR = 137.79 JPY