Saturday 11 November 1967, Veteran's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Musgrave and Gil de Ferran.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
Who's That Knocking at My Door, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Titel, Thesen, Temperamente.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1967!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 November 1967 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Bill Musgrave: NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos).
- Gil de Ferran: Brazilian race car driver.
- David Doak: Northern Irish video game designer.
- Frank Hughes: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Vietnam War: In a propaganda ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, three American prisoners of war are released by the Viet Cong and turned over to ''new left'' antiwar activist Tom Hayden.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- The Association - Never My Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?