Monday 11 November 1985, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nina Senicar and Onision .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
The Good Father, directed by Mike Newell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Cat Who Walks Through Walls by Robert A. Heinlein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blind Date.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monty is Innocent or Bounder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1985 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Nina Senicar
- Onision : YouTube Star.
- Osvaldo Alonso: Cuban footballer.
- Austin Collie: American football player.
- Ricki-Lee Coulter: Musician.
- Kalan Porter: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Jessica Sierra: American singer.
- Robin Uthappa: Indian cricketer.
- Tiidrek Nurme: Estonian runner.
- Pelle Lindbergh: Swedish ice hockey player (Born 1959).
- 1st AIDS theme TV movie - An Early Frost
- Challenger flies back to Kennedy Space Center via Davis-Monthan AFB
- Yonkers is found guilty of segregating schools and housing
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1985
- San Francisco 49ers - Denver Broncos : 16 - 17
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- Ta Mara & The Seen - Everybody Dance
- Caravan of Love - Isley, Jasper, Isley
- Morris Day - The Oak Tree
- Rene & Angela - I'll Be Good
- El DeBarge With DeBarge - You Wear It Well
- Cameo - Single Life
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Diana Ross - Eaten Alive
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?