Tuesday 14 November 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew King and Letitia Dean.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
Who's That Knocking at My Door, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Beautiful People by Marylin Bender was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Till, der Junge von nebenan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1967 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Matthew King: Brisbane, Queensland -- Australasia golfer.
- Letitia Dean: British actor, a major player in "EastEnders," along with Michael Cashman, John Altman, Leslie Grantham, Sophie Lawrence and Anna Wing.
- Paul Wagner: American pro baseball pitcher who has played for the American League for one year and the National League for eight years.
- Nina Gordon: American singer-songwriter (Veruca Salt).
- Leo Kunnas: Estonian colonel and author.
- The Congress of Colombia, in commemoration of the 150 years of the death of Policarpa Salavarrieta, declares this day as ''Day of the Colombian Woman''.
- General Grivas and his 10,000 strong Greek Army division are forced to leave Cyprus, after 24 Turkish Cypriot civilians are killed by the Greek Cypriot National Guard in the villages of Kophinou and Ayios Theodhoros relations sour between Nicosia and Athens. Turkey flies sorties into Greek territory, and masses troops in Thrace on her border with Greece.
- Test pilot Michael Adams is killed when his X-15 rocket plane tumbles out of control during atmospheric re-entry and disintegrates.
- Vietnam War: Acting on optimistic reports he was given on November 13, U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson tells his nation that, while much remained to be done, ampquotWe are inflicting greater losses than we're taking...We are making progress.ampquot (2 months later the Tet Offensive by the Viet Cong makes it appear, to those watching news reports, that progress is not being made.)
- French author Régis Debray is sentenced to 30 years imprisonment in Bolivia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?