Wednesday 12 July 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Pitcock and John Petrucci.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Malican père et fils.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1967 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Joan Pitcock: Fresno, California -- LPGA golfer (1995 Standard Register PING-3rd).
- John Petrucci: Guitarist.
- Richard Herring: English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Bruny Surin: Cap Haitien, Haiti -- Canadian 4X100m sprinter (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- 23 die in Newark race riot
- Greek regime deprives 480 Greeks of their citizenship
- Blacks in Newark, New Jersey riot; 26 killed, 1500 injured and over 1000 arrested.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 July 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?