Saturday 29 July 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while A Night Of Watching by Elliott Arnold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Landarzt Dr. Brock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1967!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 July 1967 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- Fire aboard carrier USS Forrestal in Gulf of Tonkin kills 134
- Moderate quake (6.5) strikes Caracas Venezuela causing severe damage
- USS Forrestal explodes kills 134. $100 million damage
- Vietnam War: off the coast of North Vietnam the USS Forrestal catches on fire in the worst U.S. naval disaster since World War II, killing 134.
- During the fourth day of celebrating its 400th anniversary, the city of Caracas, Venezuela is shaken by an earthquake, leaving approximately 500 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?