Wednesday 12 March 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Comte-Sponville and Charles Jamieson.
Rancho Notorious, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 March 1952 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- André Comte-Sponville: French philosopher, a proponent of atheism and materialism, but in a particular form, because of his spiritualistic aim.
- Charles Jamieson: Scottish actor and narrator, working as voice-over in TV, his strongest medium.
- David Azarian: A jazz pianist, Azarian was killed while changing a tire at approximately 9:55 PM on 3/29/2003 on Interstate 93 in Stoneham, MA.
- Benjamín Félix: Mexican drug trafficker.
- Boris Gavrilov: Russian football player and manager.
- Pierre Roy: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Naomi Nye: American poet songwriter and author.
- Randy Stonehill: American singer-songwriter.
- Naomi Shihab Nye: American poet, songwriter, and novelist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?