Monday 17 March 1952, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Ashimolowo and Susie Allanson.
The Frightened Man, directed by John Gilling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Focus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1952
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1952 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?