Wednesday 19 March 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harvey Weinstein and Joseph Urusemal.
Los olvidados, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Let It Come Down by Paul Bowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 March 1952 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Harvey Weinstein: American director and producer co-founded Miramax Films and The Weinstein Company.
- Joseph Urusemal
- Chris Brubeck: American pianist and composer.
- Warren Lees: New Zealand cricketer and coach.
- Martin Ravallion: Australian economist and academic.
- Wolfgang Ambros: Austrian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Austria3).
- Derek Longmuir in Edinburgh: Scotland; rock drummer (Bay City Rollers - "Saturday Night").
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?