Wednesday 13 December 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include GiGi Gordon Butler in Pennsylvania and Craig Sauer.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1972 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- GiGi Gordon Butler in Pennsylvania: USA; Miss America-Pennsylvania (1997).
- Craig Sauer: NFL linebacker (Atlanta Falcons).
- American McGee: Game Designer.
- Niki Evans: English singer.
- Chris Grant: Australian football player.
- Apollo program: Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt begin the third and final Extra-vehicular activity (EVA) or ''Moonwalk'' of Apollo 17. This is the last manned mission to the moon of the 20th century.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 December 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- America - Ventura Highway
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?