Monday 18 December 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Mantzoukas and Julian Arahanga.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while On The Night Of The Seventh Moon by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 December 1972 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Jason Mantzoukas: American actor, comedian, and writer.
- Julian Arahanga
- Eric Unverzagt NFL/WLAF linebacker (Seattle Seahawks: Scotland Claymores).
- Marcos Ondruska: in South Africa; tennis star.
- Trevor Chowning: American painter.
- John Delfrano: American professional thief, sent to prison 5/29/1988 with a sentence of ten years.
- Anzhela Balakhonova: Ukrainian pole vaulter.
- Rah Digga: American rapper and actress (The Conglomerate).
- Raymond Herrera: American drummer and songwriter (Fear Factory Arkaea and Brujeria).
- DJ Lethal: Latvian-American DJ and producer (House of Pain Limp Bizkit and La Coka Nostra).
- Jeff Nelson in Prince Albert: Saskatchewan, Canada; NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Vietnam War: President Richard Nixon announces that the United States will engage North Vietnam in Operation Linebacker II, a series of Christmas bombings, after peace talks collapsed with North Vietnam on the 13th.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?