Friday 14 April 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randolph Powell in Iowa City and Anna M "Ansje" Beentjes.
Marshal of Heldorado, directed by Thomas Carr, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Pink House by Nelia Gardner White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 13.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1950 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Anna M "Ansje" Beentjes: Actress (Blindgangers).
- Randolph Powell in Iowa City: Iowa, USA; actor (Alan - Dallas, Logan's Run).
- Peter Esterhazy: Hungarian writer.
- Francis Collins: American scientist, director of National Health Institutes.
- Péter Esterházy: Hungarian author.
- Sri Ramana Maharshi: Indian philosopher (Born 1879).
- 1st edition of British strip Eagle
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?