Friday 14 April 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anna M "Ansje" Beentjes and Randolph Powell in Iowa City.
Wagon Master, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1950 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Anna M "Ansje" Beentjes: Actress (Blindgangers).
- Randolph Powell in Iowa City: Iowa, USA; actor (Alan - Dallas, Logan's Run).
- Peter Esterhazy: Hungarian writer.
- Francis Collins: American scientist, director of National Health Institutes.
- Péter Esterházy: Hungarian author.
- Sri Ramana Maharshi: Indian philosopher (Born 1879).
- 1st edition of British strip Eagle
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?