Thursday 14 April 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Shea and Dave Gibbons.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1949 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Michael Shea: Glendale, New York -- Actor (Lucas- New Dick Van Dyke Show).
- Dave Gibbons: English author and illustrator.
- DeAnne Julius: American-English economist and academic.
- Sonja Kristina: a British songwriter musician and actor.
- Chris Langham: British actor, writer, producer, director.
- Chas Mortimer: English racing motorcyclist
- John Shea: North Conway, New Hampshire -- Actor (Honeymoon, New Life, Lois & Clark)
- Joseph A Cushman: American paleontologist, dies at age 68.
- The day the N'Ko alphabet is held to have been completed by Solomana Kante.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?