Monday 14 April 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kieran Mahon and Win Butler.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
The Tin Drum, directed by Volker Schlndorff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadow Warriors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Navarone or Computer Bismarck.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1980 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Kieran Mahon: British musician (The Cooper Temple Clause).
- Win Butler: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Arcade Fire).
- Claire Coffee: American actress and screenwriter.
- Ayumi Ito: Japanese actress.
- Tom Fadden: Actor (Duffeild-Broken Arrow, Cimarron City), dies at 84.
- 1st Cubans of the Mariel boatlift sail to Florida
- 52nd Academy Awards: Best Picture: Kramer versus Kramer, Best Actor: Dustin Hoffman, Best Actress: Sally Field, Best Foreign Film: Die Blechtrommel (The Tin Drum) (first Oscar award for a German film).
- Iron Maiden's debut self titled album ''Iron Maiden'' is released.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?