Sunday 14 April 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Michael Hall in Boston and Andrew Trim in Sydney.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1968 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Anthony Michael Hall in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live, The Breakfast Club).
- Andrew Trim in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Jesse Levis in Philadephia: Pennsylvania, USA; catcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Anthony Hall: Movie Actor.
- Al Benton: American baseball player (Born 1911).
- 1st NBA game at Madison Square Garden, Knicks beat SD Clippers
- 32nd Golf Masters Championship: Bob Goalby wins, shooting a 277.
- Roberto de Vicenzo loses Masters for signing an incorrect score card.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?