Friday 14 March 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Johnson NBA forward (Charlotte Hornets and Ty[rel] Bennion in Seattle.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1969 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Larry Johnson NBA forward (Charlotte Hornets: New York Knicks).
- Ty[rel] Bennion in Seattle: Washington, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Greg Biekert: NFL linebacker (Oakland Raiders).
- Michael Bland: American drummer (The New Power Generation Nick Jonas & the Administration Dr. Mambo's Combo and Soul Asylum).
- Des Coleman: English actor and presenter.
- Larry Johnson: American basketball player and actor
- Ben Shahn: Lithuanian-American painter and photographer (d. 1969).
- Barbara Jo Rubin becomes 1st woman jockey to win at Aqueduct
- Ben Shahn, US painter, dies at age 70.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Classics IV - Traces
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?