Sunday 14 September 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Tangorra .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honey by Mariah Carey.
In UK Men In Black by Will Smith was in the top 5 hits.
L.A. Confidential, directed by Curtis Hanson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Science Court.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emperor of the Fading Suns or Doraemon 2: SOS! Otogi no Kuni.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1997!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1997 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- 49th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
- Bank One Senior Golf Classic
- Karrie Webb wins LPGA SAFECO Classic
- Loren Roberts wins CVS Charity Golf Classic with a 266
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1997
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Honey
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems
- The Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- The Spice Girls - 2 Become 1
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna..
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
- Aqua - Barbie Girl
- Dru Hill - Never Make A Promise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?