Tuesday September 14, 2004
US date format: 9/14/2004, UK date format: 14/9/2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see zodiac on September 14, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Goodies by Ciara.
In UK My Place / Flap Your Wings by Nelly was in the top 5 hits.
Layer Cake, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2004
while The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling book.
On TV people were watching Veronica Mars.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Football Manager or Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 14, 2004?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- The China Times reports that the People's Republic of China has deployed heavily armed troops to guard the Three Gorges Dam from a possible terrorist attack. (BBC)
- An advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), by a vote of 15–8, recommends that warnings be added to antidepressants, stating that the medications can be linked to suicidal behavior in some children. The FDA is not required to follow the recommendations of its advisory panels, but usually does so. (FOX News) (Reuters)
- In the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person yet tried in the U.S. in relation to the 9/11 attacks, the court refuses to allow Moussaoui to call Camp X-Ray detainees as witnesses, but does allow him to use written evidence from some of the detainees. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Moussaoui, who admits to being a member of al-Qaeda but denies involvement in the 9/11 plot. (BBC)
- At least 45 people are killed and over 100 others are injured when a car bomb explodes in central Baghdad, Iraq. The blast leaves a three-meter (10 ft) crater in the road in a busy shopping area; many of the dead are Iraqi job-seekers who were queuing up outside a nearby police station. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 14, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
- Ciara Featuring Petey Pablo - Goodies
- Terror Squad - Lean Back
- Alicia Keys Featuring Tony! Toni! Tone! - Diary
- Jadakiss Featuring Anthony Hamilton - Why?
- Nelly Featuring Jaheim - My Place
Sport Games on September 14, 2004
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Wolves : 0 - 1
- Cardiff - Watford : 0 - 3
- Crewe - QPR : 0 - 2
- Leicester - Sheffield United : 3 - 2
- Plymouth - Leeds : 0 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Oldham : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $47.63
- Apple AAPL: opens at $35.30
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.36
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.60
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $86.60
- 1 USD = 109.55 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2927 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2589 CHF
- 1 EUR = 134.22 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6815 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 14, 2004?
On September 14, 2004 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is September 14, 2004?
On September 14, 2004 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 14, 2004?
On September 14, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 14, 2004?
On September 14, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 14, 2004?
On September 14, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in September 14, 2004?
The number one song in the week of September 14, 2004 was Goodies by Ciara in US and My Place / Flap Your Wings by Nelly in UK.
What were the top hits on September 14, 2004?
The top hits on September 14, 2004 were Goodies by Ciara, Lean Back by Terror Squad, Sunshine by Lil' Flip in US and My Place / Flap Your Wings by Nelly, These Words by Natasha Bedingfield, Baby Cakes by 3 Of A Kind in UK.