Wednesday 14 September 2005
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Preston Federline and Sean Federline.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
Lord of War, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Without Mercy by Jack Higgins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les invincibles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Code of the Samurai or X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2005!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 September 2005 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Sean Preston Federline
- Sean Federline: American child of noted parents, singer Britney Spears and her hsuband Kevin Federline.
- The President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, shakes hands with the Prime Minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon, the first time such an encounter has been made in public. (BBC)
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees and World Food Programme appeal for more funds to provide food for two million refugees in Africa, in countries such as Tanzania, Central African Republic, Liberia and Kenya. (Reuters)
- Mandatory emergency evacuation is ordered for Outer Banks in North Carolina as Hurricane Ophelia approaches. (Guardian)
- Two American air carriers, Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines, have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Delta has lost over six billion USD since the start of 2001.
- The Massachusetts General Court rejects a proposed amendment to ban Same-sex marriage in Massachusetts by a vote of 157-39, meaning that Massachusetts will remain the only state in the United States to allow gay marriage.
- Ugandan Rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army cross the White Nile for the first time to carry out attacks near Juba, the capital of Southern Sudan. (BBC)
- Hamas blows a hole through the wall between Egypt and Gaza, allowing free passage for Palestinians to and from Egypt for the first time since 1967. (BBC)
- Conflict in Iraq:
- Melissa O'Neil wins the 3rd season of Canadian Idol.
- 114 people die when a car bomb explodes in a Shia district of Baghdad called Kadhimiya. (BBC)
- Frances Newton is executed by lethal injection by the U.S. state of Texas for the murder of her ex-husband and two children. She is the first African American woman executed in Texas since 1858. (Reuters)
- Robert Wise, film director, dies at the age of 91, at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Following serious Loyalist rioting during which dozens of shots were fired at riot police, the Northern Ireland Secretary Peter Hain announced that the British government no longer recognized the Ulster Volunteer Force ceasefire./text
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 September 2005
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Derby - Coventry : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Rimini : 2 - 2
- Brescia - Cremonese : 1 - 0
- Modena - Mantova : 0 - 0
- Piacenza - Catania : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?