Sunday 14 September 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Underworld, directed by Len Wiseman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peep Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1893: A World's Fair Mystery or Dynasty Warriors 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2003 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- Top American commander in Iraq Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez authorizes a wide range of new interrogation procedures, including deliberate humiliation, exploiting fear of dogs, sensory deprivation, sensory overload, and stress positions.
- In a referendum, Estonia approves joining the European Union.
- Sweden rejects adopting the euro in a referendum.
- Sweden and the euro: Swedish voters reject joining the Economic and Monetary Union of the European Union and adopting the Euro, with 56.1 percent of voters voting no.
- A military coup d'état is reported in Guinea-Bissau.
- Some of the severe wildfires in British Columbia have been contained, including the one threatening Kelowna. The one near Kamloops is still threatening structures. This has been the worst wildfire season in BC in fifty years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 September 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Juventus : 1 - 2
- Empoli - Reggina : 1 - 1
- Lecce - Ancona : 3 - 1
- Modena - Udinese : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Lierse : 1 - 3
- Mouscron - Cercle Brugge : 4 - 0
- Standard - Genk : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Freiburg : 2 - 2
- M'gladbach - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Osnabruck : 3 - 0
- Erzgebirge Aue - Nurnberg : 3 - 3
- Greuther Furth - Aachen : 7 - 1
- Lubeck - Ein Trier : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?