Friday 15 December 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Missouri Vaughn in Norwalk and Chris Gioskos.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ambushers, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventure Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1967 ?
- Missouri Vaughn in Norwalk: Connecticut, USA; infielder (Boston Red Sox, Most Valuable Player-1995).
- Chris Gioskos: Canadian Football League tackle (Toronto Argonauts).
- Christine Larsen in New Westminster: British Columbia, Canada; synchronized swimmer (Olympics-silver-1996).
- Frank Hartley NFL tight end (Cleveland Browns: San Diego Chargers).
- Keith Askins: American basketball player, a guard/forward for the Miami Heat.
- David Howells: English footballer and coach
- Ami Kawai: Japanese actress
- Elix Skipper: American wrestler
- Mo Vaughn: Norwalk, Connecticut -- Infielder (Boston Red Sox, MVP-1995)
- Beatles release Christmas Time is Here Again
- Joe Garagiola joins Today Show panel
- Silver Bay bridge (Ohio-West Virginia) collapses during afternoon rush hour, 34 die.
- The Silver Bridge collapses, killing 46 people.
- The Silver Bridge over the Ohio River in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, collapses, killing 46 people. It has been linked to the so-called ''Mothman'' mystery.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 December 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - In And Out Of Love
- Cher - You Better Sit Down Kids
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?