Sunday 15 January 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted N Tryba in Wilkes-Barre and Lisa Lisa.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der dritte Handschuh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1967 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Ted N Tryba in Wilkes-Barre: Pennsylvania, USA; PGA golfer (1995 Anheuser-Busch Golf).
- Lisa Lisa: American R&B singer.
- Super Bowl I: Green Bay Packers beat Kansas City Chiefs, 35-10 in LA Super Bowl MVP: Bart Starr, Green Bay, QB
- At the Los Angeles Coliseum, the Green Bay Packers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 in the first-ever world championship game (later called the Super Bowl) of American football. A crowd of 61,946 people is on hand. For their win, each member of the Packers collect $15,000: this is the largest single-game share in the history of team sports.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 January 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?