Monday 25 December 1967, Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Franey in Brooklyn and Jason Thirsk.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Where Eagles Dare by Alistair MacLean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scene.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1967 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Kathleen Franey in Brooklyn: New York, USA; 1.5km runner.
- Jason Thirsk: American bass player (Pennywise and Humble Gods) (d. 1996).
- Paul McCartney and Jane Asher get engaged
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Tom Jones - Green Green Grass Of Home
- The Seekers - Morningtown Ride
- Long John Baldry - Let The Heartaches Begin
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Dave Clark Five - Everybody Knows
- Val Doonican - If The Whole World Stopped Loving
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - Save Me
- Tom Jones - I'm Coming Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?