Sunday 15 March 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Hall and Alison Johnson in Tustin.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Pink Panther, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Day In The Life Of President Kennedy by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1964 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Ron Hall: NFL tight end (Detroit Lions).
- Alison Johnson in Tustin: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-4th-1993).
- Rockwell [Kennedy Gordy] in Detroit: Michigan, USA; rock vocalist (Somebody's Watching Me).
- Philippe Gardent: French handball player who competed in the 1992 Summer Olympics.
- Sean Wight: Scottish-Australian Australian rules footballer in the VFL/AFL.
- Paul Cavanagh: Actor (Black Arrow, Woman in Green), dies at 75.
- LBJ asks for a War on Poverty
- US President Lyndon Johnson gives the "We shall overcome" speech.
- Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor marry (for the first time) in Montreal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
- Al Martino - I Love You More And More Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?