Monday 9 March 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Housley in Saint Paul and Herbert Fandel.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Servant, directed by Joseph Losey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while Confessions Of An Advertising Man by David Ogilvy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1964 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Phil Housley in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; NHL defenseman (New Jersey Devils, Team USA Olympics-1998).
- Herbert Fandel: German football referee.
- Juliette Binoche: French actress, dancer, and painter, a sweet, sensual leading lady and 1996 Oscar-winning French actress of "The English Patient.
- Valérie Lemercier: French actress and humourist, director, writer and singer.
- Steve Wilkos: American police officer and talk show host.
- Phil Housley: American ice hockey player and coach
- Aleksandr Puštov: Russian-Estonian footballer and manager
- 1st Ford Mustang produced
- Supreme Court issues New York Times vs. Sullivan decision, public officials must prove malice to claim libel and recover damages
- First Ford Mustang automobile produced.
- US Supreme Court issues New York Times versus Sullivan decision, public officials must prove malice to claim libel and recover damages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
- Al Martino - I Love You More And More Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?