Tuesday October 15, 1996
US date format: 10/15/1996, UK date format: 15/10/1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 15, 1996). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Zelo .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something was in the top 5 hits.
Maachis, directed by Gulzar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Unlimited Access by Gary Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Fat Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcade Classics or A-10 Cuba!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 15, 1996?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Several large strikes begin in various industries across Belgium in protest to the dismissal of the magistrate Jean-Marc Connerotte by the Supreme Court.
- Zelo : Rapper.
- Bernard Frank: French orientalist, an expert on...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 15, 1996?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- AZ Yet - Last Night
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre) - No Diggity
- Az Yet - Last Night (From "The Nutty Professor")
- Mint Condition - What Kind Of Man Would I Be
- Keith Sweat Featuring Athena Cage - Nobody
- Aaliyah - If Your Girl Only Knew
- Dru Hill - Tell Me (From "Eddie")
- Ginuwine - Pony
- 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G. - Only You
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- SWV - Use Your Heart
Sport Games on October 15, 1996
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie - St Mirren : 2 - 2
- Barnsley - Oxford : 0 - 0
- Birmingham - Ipswich : 1 - 0
- Bolton - Tranmere : 1 - 0
- Portsmouth - Wolves : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Wrexham : 3 - 3
- Bournemouth - Plymouth : 1 - 0
- Bristol City - Wycombe : 3 - 0
- Crewe - York : 0 - 1
- Notts County - Chesterfield : 0 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Hereford : 0 - 1
- Cardiff - Darlington : 2 - 0
- Colchester - Barnet : 1 - 0
- Exeter - Carlisle : 2 - 1
- Fulham - Cambridge : 3 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 15If October 15, 1996 is your birthday you're 23 years, 11 months, 4 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 26 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?