Thursday 17 October 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kasper Tait .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something was in the top 5 hits.
Sleepers, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Last Don by Mario Puzo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Fat Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afterlife or FIFA 97.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1996!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1996 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Taking Sides, opens at Atkinson Theater, New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- AZ Yet - Last Night
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 October 1996
- Seattle Seahawks - Kansas City Chiefs : 16 - 34
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?