Wednesday 16 August 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bret Barberie and Matt Vanderbeek.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to All You Need Is Love by The Beatles.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1967 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Bret Barberie: Long Beach, California -- Infielder (Chicago Cubs).
- Matt Vanderbeek: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Cajsa Akerstrom: Swedish musician, a singer and composer and a popular artist well-known for his works.
- Pamela Smart: American schoolteacher nicknamed "Pame," convicted of being an accomplice to the murder of her husband on 5/01/1990, around 7:45 PM in Derry, NH.
- Mark Coyne: Australian rugby player.
- Ulrika Jonsson: Swedish journalist actress and author
- Cin Red Jim Maloney retires 19 Pirates, then gets injured and leaves
- WFIQ TV channel 36 in Florence, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?