Wednesday 2 August 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Wells in Los Angeles and Martin Laamers.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1967 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Derek Wells in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Fitzpatricks).
- Martin Laamers: Soccer player (Vitesse).
- Aaron Krickstein in Ann Arbor: Michigan, USA; tennis player (Tel Aviv 1983).
- Aline Brosh McKenna: American screenwriter.
- Aaron Krickstein: American tennis player.
- Aline McKenna: American screenwriter and producer
- New Orleans Saints' first pre-season game, they lose to Los Angeles Rams 16-77.
- US's Lunar Orbiter 5 launched; enters lunar orbit August 5.
- The Turkish football club Trabzonspor is established in Trabzon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Association - Windy
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?