Friday 4 August 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Flemmer and Kembra Pfahler.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1967 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Carrie Flemmer: Stettler, Alberta -- Softball catcher (1996 Olympics).
- Kembra Pfahler: Hermosa Beach, California -- Actress (Gotham Gold).
- Marcelo Filippini: Uruguay -- Tennis star.
- Michael Lawrence Marsh: Los Angeles, California -- Sprinter (1992, 96 Olympics - 2 Gold / Silver Medals).
- Timothy Adams: American model and actor.
- Peter Smith: Malaysian-born English academic and judge.
- 34th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Green Bay 27, All-Stars 0 (70,934)
- British pirate radio station Radio 355 resigns air
- Shortwave group ANARC's first convention (Chicago, Illinois).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Association - Windy
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?