Monday 16 September 1996
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ryusei Yokohama .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Ready Or Not by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Last Man Standing, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dragon Ball Z.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cruis'n World or Clandestiny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1996!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1996 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Ryusei Yokohama: Japanese actor and model.
- 1st one-day international in Canada, India vs. Pakistan at Toronto
- Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Panama City Florida on WTBB 97.7 FM
- Paul Molitor of Twins is 21st player to reach 3,000 hits
- Space Shuttle STS 79 (Atlantis 17), launches into space
- Microsoft unveils Windows CE operating system for handheld computers. Code-name of the project was Pegasus. "CE" stands for Consumer Electronics.
- The Space Shuttle STS 79 (Atlantis 17) launches into space.
- Beast Wars first airs and becomes a milestone in the Transformers franchise through the use of CGI.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Alanis Morissette - You Learn
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 September 1996
- Buffalo Bills - Pittsburgh Steelers : 6 - 24
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Wolfsburg - Kaiserslautern : 0 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Real Madrid : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - Sheffield Weds : 4 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?